Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Dining Room

This was one of our most recent transformations, from early 2016. We were hesitant about taking down the grasscloth wallpaper that we'd both oddly grown to like, but it was the right call for the room. And the light fixture just went up in July, like a week before our buyers saw the house the first time. Took almost eight years, but I finally bested my nemesis, the hideous dining room light.

There used to be a wall there, remember?
That was dumb. So we removed it.
Fun fact: I picked that dresser in the following picture out of someone's trash on the way to work one morning in Bend. Because we lived in a studio and I didn't have anywhere to store it, I carted it around in my car, until it was Thanksgiving and we had to drive to the airport. Then my friend Cam agreed to take it, and he carted it around in his car for a few weeks. Nice guy. Finally, I refinished it when we moved into the Bend house. I've loved that thing ever since. And Cam is glad I live three hours away and can't pawn off my trash picks on him anymore.





Want to see more? Check out the other rooms on the house tour tag:
Bedroom
Kitchen and entry
Jo's office
Upstairs and upstairs bathroom
Downstairs bathroom
Outside and the "we sold the house" story
Dining room
Living room

All photos are Rachel Southmayd's work: Pixy Prints Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment