Monday, July 18, 2016

Bedroom crown molding

This project was actually knocked out in March (I think) but I've just been enjoying the results and failed to report on them. Years ago, shortly after we moved in, I told Todd I needed his help for 15 minutes to hang crown molding in our bedroom. He was wary, but I swore up and down all I'd already made the cuts, and all he needed to do was just hold it while I tacked it in place.

Six hours later, we called Trevor. It took him plenty of time to hang it, due to none of the right angles in the room (or house, for that matter) actually being 90 degrees. Also, the cheap molding I bought at Builder's Bargain, despite being marked the same size, was in fact a sixteenth to an eighth of an inch varied in size. So it was fun times all around.

And then even after it was up, it still looked like this, because I had some brilliant idea to double it into the wall and touch up the paint. Considering that this plan was hatched in January of 2009, and this picture below was taken in March of 2016, you can reach your own conclusion on how well that went.
AARRRGH. Seeing this falling asleep every night really made me twitch. Just seeing the picture STILL makes me twitch.
But, now... check it out!!
One more annoying before...
And after.
 SO MUCH BETTER!!!

1 comment: