Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Difficulties.


I don't know why, but this is the only picture that will go into this post properly oriented so I'm making it extra big. 

Today, the floor was finished, the remaining lights were installed (pendants and the table light fixture), the dishwasher electrical was hooked up, the garbage disposal was mostly installed AND the hot water heater was fixed. 

It was a stupid $95 loose wire nut in a junction box. Oh well. Win some, lose some. Having hot water back is definitely #winning. (Thank you, Charlie Sheen, for this singular useful contribution to pop culture.)

Tomorrow's a big day too. The doors get put in and trimmed upstairs, so the bathroom and the storage unit guest room will be real rooms again!!

Another victory for today: I convinced the nice folks at ATG customer service to convince Ruvati, the faucet manufacturer, to ship the replacement faucet second-day air, so we'll get it Thursday and it'll be installed Friday. If all goes as planned (unlikely, but maybe a Christmas miracle) my kitchen will not be under construction by this time next week! Quiet. I think I hear angels singing.

That floor. I DIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment