Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kitchen Befores and Afters

So to be fair, the kitchen is not yet finished. In fact, relatively little progress has been made on the detail work I mentioned a few months ago. I've done some priming, but there's still caulking, sanding, more priming and plenty of painting yet to do. Although I have to say, using the same color on the trim as the walls seriously cuts down on time for painting.

In any case, I was poking through iPhoto trying to find a picture of my credit card because I was in the process of ordering a watercolor print of this squirrel drinking whiskey and was too lazy to get up and get my credit card. In the process, I ran across a number of pre-remodel kitchen pictures and was reminded that I never actually did a true before and after post of the kitchen.

Behold: the chaos, the dysfunction, the grime of our old kitchen. (I feel like it still hasn't been long enough for me to be able to look at these photos. It's kind of making my skin crawl.)




 
I can barely look at this without gagging. UGH.







I think these totally speak for themselves. Still work in progress, but still.

Additional happy news: our backsplash may go in as early as this week! It's 2"x4" white subway tile and we decided on aggressively sealed white grout. Todd held up a sheet of it (it comes in pre-set sheets) and I think it's going to look amazing. So there'll be more pictures of that coming someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment