Thursday, March 12, 2015

Coming Summer 2015: Pebble Tec!

Oh, yeah. In case you've ever wondered what a 50-year-old pool looks like when nobody winterizes it or cleans it for 6 months...
Now you know.
The word you're looking for right here is yum.
Anyway, the reason it's drained (and it's actually empty and no more leaves right now as I'm typing this) is because this is the first step to pool resurfacing. I thought I'd mentioned this before but apparently didn't get to it. We're getting the pool resurfaced in May with Pebbletec. We didn't think we were going to be able to afford it, but it fell right within the budget. So exciting, because the warranty is way longer than plaster AND because it looks...fancy. See?
 It'll look JUST like this.
Mostly. Maybe more like our pool but with this finish, since the waterfall/hot tub/lagoon shape aren't exactly included. I don't *think* it should look that greenish but want to make sure. In any case, it will be a wild improvement over the current situation.

1 comment:

  1. I've had my pool at the green stage for quite some time, so I'll be using your pool posts for inspiration. Defunk, here I come!
    Btw...love your blog!

    ReplyDelete