Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Master Bedroom Update

I've been working on pulling the master bedroom together according to the plan I created a few months ago. I've gone so slow with this that it doesn't seem like much ground has been covered, but looking at these pictures I realize I've knocked out probably 75% of what I want to accomplish.
Here's what's new:
  • Rast hacked nightstands. I'll have to get a better picture of those when it's not late afternoon. I LOOOVE having drawers instead of a cluttery trunk top. The bottom one is just storing shoes right now.
  • Closet curtains. The rug placement makes it hard to get them the right length. They're fine for now. 
  • New quilt, Freddy's special
  • Pineapple lamps with new shades that I made
  • Faux fur pillow cover. An Ikea "tejn" -- the $12 fake one, safety-pinned around the bolster pillow. Kind of ghetto, but it's getting the job done.
Still to be finished: art and figuring out how to make those euroshams silver. And I need to rewire Todd's pineapple lamp, because it doesn't work. Good progress. I'm really liking all the changes and think some new art and bright accessories will be the perfect finish.
But the new nightstands look pretty good, and I love that pop of pink and bit of sparkle in the candles. I mean, pink and sparkle while anchored with blue and white? What's not to love?


No comments:

Post a Comment