Thursday, April 2, 2015

Master Bedroom Plans and Schemes

The master bedroom has never been a done deal. The color offsets the general lack of thought that's gone into this room, but other than the headboard and curtains, I haven't made much headway. Not for lack of trying, but until a couple of weeks ago, my creativity was kind of stuck. I finally got unstuck though and started working on this board.
Unstuck feels much better than stuck. Here's the plan:
  • Art. What I have over the bed is actually a single piece I PhotoChopped as I was playing around; it's from Laura Dro Designs and is part of a collection of amazing ikat pieces. I love her work and have been trying to figure out where one of her prints might belong in the house.
  • I've already painted the pineapple lamps (I took pictures but they seem to have vanished...which is always rather unsettling). Next, figure out lampshade situation. NO ivory.
  • Gonna hack some Ikea Rasts and paint them (probably) a weathered black.
  • Bought canvases to do some painting. Unbelievable deal at $6 each at Joann's.
  • Silver leaf the dropcloth euroshams so they have kind of a weathered silver finish.
  • Get one of those fake sheepskins and make a pillow out of it.
  • Already have the quilt, great deal at Fred's a few weeks ago.
  • Planned accent colors are yellow, orange and fuschia, which Todd has agreed to.
  • Replace the light fixture. I actually think I might be able to sell it; it's a vintage capiz shell flush mount and it's actually kind of cute, just not anymore in this room. Couple of the contenders are on the board. I'm still shopping. 
  • Paint trim/built-ins at some point. This will be a big job. 
  • Need throw blanket. Still haven't figured out what that should be.
Luckily, I still like the blue a lot. Can't wait till this one is a wrap, but the process has been a lot more fun lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment