Friday, May 29, 2009

The Great Outdoors

This update will consist mostly of pictures.


1. While not technically house-related, these are sprouts from my wintered-over dahlia tubers. I am so excited about them. All but one sprouted, and they look good so far!


2. This is my hibiscus, purchased from Trader Joe's two years ago. First bloom of the season! Summer's here...


3. Though you may not be able to tell, the pool is looking steadily less swampy. We are pretty sure we can see the bottom of the shallow end, which is on the left in this picture. The second step is visible, and so is the outline of the third step. Definite progress.


4. I am really furious with our magnolia trees. As I type, I can see leaves falling in my peripheral vision. This is a picture of what it looks like. Please note I mowed the lawn yesterday, pulverizing all leaves. Everything that's on the ground is from yesterday and today. Leaves fall in the fall, you stupid tree. That's why they call it "fall."


5. This is our vegetable garden. There are two tomato plants, one zucchini, and one pepper. Also, basil seeds are planted in the right front corner. We'll see what happens...


6. I also planted little marigold and petunia starts in the front bed. Those are coming along nicely. So are the seeds for the "yellow mix," which are the little green spots. I am looking forward to seeing if plants actually develop. I water the little seedlings religiously.


7. Lastly, this is our raspberry. It came with the house. It is doing phenomenally, and I am way excited for raspberries. That's all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for TJ plants. The hydrangea you gave me exactly one year ago is huge and pretty. Love it.If we become neighbors one day, I will be digging that sucker up and crossing my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! i wish i had your green thumb...i can't keep anything alive...

    ReplyDelete