Monday, November 23, 2009

Satisfaction.

Today, I did something that's been needing to be done for about 10 months. Gathering my newfound confidence in electrical work, I installed a porch light...
Cute, huh? (We love it. Makes such a difference.) Now it's not pitch black when you walk up to our door at night. Here's one more, from farther back.
That one also features the icicle lights that we put up yesterday, which need to be taken down. Worked two days ago, didn't work once they're up. Naturally.

This evening, we worked on painting more trim and getting rid of that dingy mauve-y color. We painted the bookcases in between the living room and dining room, which allowed me the opportunity to take out the contents and stack it all over the dining room table.
I also painted the inside of the front door, which I didn't take a picture of. It was white, just the primed steel, and I wanted it to match the trim. I don't think it would look that different in a picture, but it does in person.

Todd painted the door to the upstairs in the dining room, so now all we have left is one strip of baseboard (and probably another coat on the bookcases) and the dining room will be...semi-done. Minus crown molding, chair rail, a painted ceiling and a new light fixture, but still, steps in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE reading the updates. Can't wait to come see it in person again someday!!!

    ReplyDelete