Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Late weekly update

I got a new sd card for the camera (2 gigs for $10...so cheap now!) so we are back on track for updates. Just in time, too, because you almost missed a lot! Sorry for the shaky camera work.



Trevor's been busily working on the bathroom. I've helped with tiling the past few days. It's kind of fun; sometimes I wonder if I missed my calling in life as a construction worker or something. My dad's on his annual weeklong serving/construction trip to the Dominican Republic this week, and I've been thinking of him and the team and the trips I took in high school to work. I guess the taste of hard labor worked for me, because six years after my last trip (!) I'm still at it.

I really have to call our plumber to install the gas log lighter in the fireplace. I really suck at starting fires (I admit it), and consequently I've been using my garden clippers to take branches off the Christmas tree, which is conveniently situated on the front porch. They're still kind of green, being only a month after Christmas, so they're super-crackly still. I make a nice nest, put a log on top, then light the whole shebang with a blowtorch. It lights a nice, hot fire. For about three seconds. I'm sure it's coating the inside of the chimney with creosote. But nobody's telling me not to do it, and it's pretty fun.

As you can probably tell, I don't have all that much to say at the moment. I said most of it in the video, so you should check that out. And we really would like feedback on the paint choices for the bathroom, so feel free...

1 comment:

  1. i definitely like the green. my bathroom is a pale blue color and it makes me kind of sick when i see it... but i'm sure you'd do a more tasteful job. lovin how it's coming along!

    ReplyDelete