Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You heard it here first

I'm going to make a prediction: citrus, and especially orange, is due for a comeback. I have no basis for this, other than the fact that I like it, but I've been right about these things before. I love how the bright pop contrasts with the icy blue and quiet white of the bathroom. And who doesn't love a little citrus? The middle of a nasty recession is just the time to decorate with some cheerful color. You can't look at an orange without feeling just the slightest glimmer of happiness or hope. It's not possible.

So when whoever calls decorating trends starts yammering about citrus, you can smile at the bowl of oranges on your coffee table and think to yourself, "I knew this was coming." Juuuuuust wait.

3 comments:

  1. you crack me up. you are right about this one, though. in fact the very color orange is making a huge comeback this season, i am already seeing it all over the place in the stores. i actually bought a pair of orange pumps about a month ago...i guess the trend is slower to reach your neck of the woods...but you hit the nail on the head! love the jar of oranges, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D thanks. i miss you...you should come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would really like to...perhaps a trip this summer is in order!

    miss you too.

    ReplyDelete